The Bobcat Eats Food Waste Awareness and Prevention Program has been busy the last few months. In the last three months:
- The UCM Campus Community Garden donated 41.5 pounds of produce
- 279.7 pounds has been rescued from various on campus UC Merced stores like the Lantern, the Marketplace and the Campus Bookstore
- 414.9 pounds has been rescued from Jantz Cafe
- 25 pounds has been rescued from the Merced College Farmers’ Market
- 324.57 pounds has been rescued from various places/events (like the Turkey Trot and Produce on the Go)
- 22.55 pounds has been rescued from Starbucks
A huge thank you to our great employee, Katie, for helping rescue so much food and a thank you to all donors, volunteers and everyone else involved.
Contact Erin Meyer at [email protected] to get involved today!