Daily Acts is hiring a Development and Events Coordinator!
Daily Acts, a growing sustainability nonprofit based in Petaluma, CA is seeking an experienced Development and Events Coordinator to join our dynamic, collaborative team. The Coordinator plays an integral role in the success of Daily Acts’ Development activities by working alongside the Development Manager to execute fundraising and donor events. The Development and Events Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing coordination, implementation, and reconciliation of Development events. Additionally, this role will provide general support to Development Manager, as needed.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of multiple special development events through the year to generate funds, attendance, and/or increased numbers of new and renewed donors, volunteers, and contacts for the organization.
- Update and implement existing work plans for Soil to Supper dinner fundraiser, Ripple the World breakfast fundraiser, Summer Soiree, and Stewardship Circle Sundays. Create and implement work plan for Fall Concert.
- Provide additional support to Development Manager for other development tasks as time permits, including but not limited to data management, special projects, and general outreach.
- Event coordination including by not limited to:
- Oversee overall coordination of event including but not limited to: décor, menus, catering, vendors, volunteers, promotion, venue and layout.
- Monitor tasks, timelines, budget, goals, objectives and metrics.
- Communicate with and arrange all vendors (including food, entertainment and equipment).
- Solicit food, beverage, auction, service, and supply in-kind donations.
- Process event participation reconciliation and reporting. Update contacts in CRM database.
- Coordinate activities onsite and ensure the event runs smoothly.
- Communicate with guests before and after the event.
- Conduct evaluations, provide metrics, and coordinate team wrap after events to determine its success and improvements needed the next time the event occurs.
- For specific events: coordinate volunteer event committees, organize and manage auction solicitation and listings, coordinate ticket sales, manage and support table leaders, manage guest registration.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing demands, while maintaining a grounded, positive and proactive attitude.
- A minimum of two years’ event coordination experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability to attend and coordinate events on weekends and week nights (five in total).
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to juggle a diverse array of tasks to a high standard.
- Ability to work well with tight timelines, shifting priorities and diverse teams.
- Proven ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, online collaboration tools, social media and server based databases.
- Strong data entry skills with the ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and take appropriate initiative when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, group facilitation, networking and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work closely with team members to ensure a positive, constructive work environment.
- Highly organized and resourceful.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude.
- Sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for the Daily Acts’ mission.
Preferred Skills and Attributes
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field such as non-profit management, event coordination, or environmental education/science.
- Proficient in using and troubleshooting office and web technology.
- Knowledge of website development.
- Knowledge of and experience in any of the following: sustainability practices, Permaculture, landscape design, water conservation, stormwater management, gardening or farming.
- Well-developed network of contacts (individual, community, business, municipal, school, etc.) within Sonoma County.
- Ability to inspire and motivate people to take action.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker.
Perks of Working for Daily Acts
- Opportunity to “be the change” in your community.
- Casual office attire and attitude (with professional meetings, on occasion).
Grow your network while you grow your conservation, ecological and DIY skills and knowledge base.
Office conveniently located off the 101 in Petaluma.
- This position is a part-time (30 hours/week), hourly position and is based in Petaluma.
No telephone inquiries, please. To be considered for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] To learn more about Daily Acts, please visit us at www.dailyacts.org.Cover letters, which must be no longer than 2 pages, should detail your qualifications for the position. Applications close on February 20th, 2019.