Overview: Farm to Pantry is a volunteer based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded on the belief that healthy food nurtures a healthy community. We are committed to developing and supporting local projects that provide healthy food to those in the community who are hungry or have limited access to nutritious produce. We coordinate volunteer groups to glean from generous farms and backyard growers throughout Sonoma and deliver it to those in need. Our project provide nutritious produce to a network of Food banks, low income and senior housing and other social services. For further information about Farm to Pantry, please visit www.farmtopantry.org
Position Summary: As a program assistant, you will work with the Program Director to coordinate and help in the program's daily gleaning activities, assist in daily produce distribution, pick-ups, and delivery services, as well as daily set-up and clean-up of gleaning program activities, and provide clerical and operational support to the Program Director specific to program services.
Work Schedule: Part-time Hourly | 15-20 hours per week - primarily Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
Position Location: Healdsburg, CA | Remote computer work
How to apply: Please submit your resume with cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
- Provide support to Program Director and staff in coordinating, organizing, and implementing regular gleaning schedules with volunteers in support of programs
- Leading gleans, as needed
- Assists in managing and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems and databases
- Assists in conducting site visits and interviews, participating in and supporting related meetings
- Assists with education and outreach program to increase community awareness
- Responding to and directing inquiries from the general public and outside organizations
- Handling incoming and outgoing email and mail
- Occasional staffing of special events (tabling at Saturday Farmers’ market, Let’s Preserve, etc.)
- Performing other duties/projects as assigned
Physical Requirements. The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, donations, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations.
- Able to work for several hours outside; comfort with standing, stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, grasping, climbing, and performing basic harvesting activities, and operating equipment.
- Move and lift light objects up to 40 pounds such as produce, supplies, and equipment.
- Operating equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record with access to a reliable vehicle
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative and organizational skills. Candidates with 2 or more years of relevant experience will be preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred
- High School Diploma/GED, College Degree highly preferred
- Access to a computer for regular remote computer tasks
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, follow organizational procedures and perform accurately under deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize, plan ahead, manage and follow through on multiple tasks
- Ability to organize and manage small internal and external events
- Enthusiasm, Positive Attitude, Team Player, Flexibility, & Creativity
- Familiar with geography and resources in Healdsburg/Geyserville/Windsor area
- Knowledge and interest in issues relating to local foods, farming, and sustainability. Coursework and/or recent experience working with issues relating to these fields a plus.
- Non-Profit experience preferred
- Ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission and/or possession of a vehicle with cargo capacity that can be used for making deliveries, preferred.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment background check. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.