The California Rare Fruit Growers (CRFG) is the largest amateur fruit-growing organization in the world and we’re hosting our famous annual Scion Exchange. Scions are special fruit tree twigs used to propagate fruit trees. Find the best varieties for growing your own fruit that are suited for your microclimate. Discover local favorites and near-forgotten heirlooms!
Scions: Hundreds of varieties of fruitwood to choose from to graft onto your own trees: apple, pear, quince, plum, peach, nectarine, apricot, cherry, & more
Cuttings to Root: grape, fig, pomegranate, kiwi, mulberry, berries & more
• Pre-Event Beginner/Newbie Class at 11:10 am
• Rootstocks and Grafting Supplies for sale
• Free Grafting Classes & Demonstrations 12:15 pm & 1:10 pm
• Custom Grafting of your selected scion varieties onto your own rootstocks for a fee
• Rare Fruit Tasting: try rare and unusual fruit
• Plant Sale: edible and ornamental plants
• Silent Auction: funds support chapter events
• Subscribe to the Golden Gate Chapter’s Newsletter
• Vendors selling fruit, trees, shrubs & vines
• Become a member of CRFG
• Questions answered, Secrets revealed.
• Beginners welcome!
What to Bring
• Your list of desired varieties (see Making the Best of the Scion Exchange)
• Gallon zip-top plastic bags, a pen, and tape to label the scions you take home
• Notebook & pen to take notes during the grafting classes
• A handled tote to carry them all in.
• Scions to share from your home. See links below for instructions.
• Cash for purchases
$5 for Members and Non-Members
Open to the Public
What NOT to Bring:
NO Citrus or relatives (plants or scions/cuttings)
NO Disease or Pests on plants
NO Patented Plant Varieties
• Your Master Guide: Making the Best of the CRFG Scion Exchange (pdf)
• Poster/Flyer to Print & Share (pdf)
• How to Collect Scions video
Learn more on selection, establishment, and care.
#CRFG #rarefruit #fruitgrowers